Friday, December 20, 2013

Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars



Woohoo, I'm back!

This is a pretty rare occurence--two posts in 1.5 days.

It's a treat, you guys.

And speaking of treat, these cheesecake bars are definitely a treat.


With a thick cracker crust and an oh-so-smooth creamy filling, they're simply irresistible. 

Mind you, I am eating a square of these as I speak (type?)


They're really nothing too technical or difficult, just the normal ingredients you'd find in a cheesecake poured over a thick cracker crust. Then sprinkle on some chocolate chips, lather on the strawberry jam, and that's what I'm talking about.


These were actually made for a Christmas party that I'm attending today. Yes, the snickerdoodles from yesterday were for the same party, too. But teenagers gotta eat. And did I mention that I'm bringing S'mores, too?

Let's hope I find time to make those. I'm going all out. After all, it is holiday season.


Back to the cheesecake bars.

Like I said, they're so simple to make.

Really, the one thing you need to even worry about is waiting for it to set in the fridge. Other than that, there's nearly nothing that could go wrong with these.


After you whip up the filling, you will have to pour it onto the cracker crust, and that was the only tricky part for me. The filling was really thick, and it took a lot of muscles to smooth it out. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating, but you do have to work for what you want to get, right?


The filling was really what drove me bonkers over this recipe. Four ingredients for the cream cheese filling, then an additional 2 ingredients of chocolate chips and strawberry jam. That's all it takes, folks. And of course, you can't forget the crust, but that's only 3 ingredients so it shouldn't even count. Easy as 1-2-3. 


Now, while I finish scraping off the crust crumbs off my plate, I'll leave you with the recipe.


Happy baking!
 photo ScreenShot2013-08-31at55636PM_zps321e12a9.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment