Thursday, July 24, 2014

Heavenly Crumb Cake---and Where Have I Been?


The last time I blogged was on February 4th. That is NOT okay, folks. NOT okay. How have I become so behind on blogging when I've been baking pretty much all the time? (Proof: My My Instagram Feed.)

I guess life just took it's toll. School has been overwhelming, albeit an understatement. And life in general--people, things, occurrences--they've all been drastically diverse and I've just been taking my time to find my place again. 

But I'm back. Here I am, in the last month of summer. Better late than never, right?


Enough about me. Let's talk about this super gorgeous crumb cake, because who doesn't love a moist, buttery cake with the most delicious, sweet, beautiful caramel-tasting crumb on top? 

All the ingredients in this cake are your regular cupboard ingredients. Milk, baking powder, baking soda, flour, butter, sugar, ONE egg.....that's about it. Oh and please don't forget the cinnamon.

Oh glorious cinnamon. 


The crumb is nothing shy of being decadent. The good amount of brown sugar gives it a caramel-y taste, while the butter balances out the sweetness and the flour gives it a nice, good crunch. Although it is a touch on the sweeter side, you can never go wrong with a little sugar ;)



I can honestly say that I've never made a cake that was more moist or melt-in-your-mouth like than this one. Within seconds of it entering your mouth, the cake becomes a glorious, DANGEROUS mush of buttery goodness. The crumb lingers in there for a little while, giving you enough time to savor the crunchy brown sugar delight that it is. This cake is truly magical.



I guess I'll be eating this for breakfast/lunch/dinner for the next couple of days. This is a very dangerous cake. Especially when you're trying to get into shape with the few remaining weeks of summer that you have. *cough cough* me *ahem*


The recipe is courtesy of my very, very favorite baking blogger, Sally from Sally's Baking Addiction. You can find it here. Enjoy!


Happy baking!
 photo ScreenShot2013-08-31at55636PM_zps321e12a9.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment