Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Skinny Chocolate Fudge Muffins--and Recipe!!!



After a short break from the blog, I'm back!

So I did mention that I'd be taking a long break on my previous post, but since today is typhoon day and school is cancelled, I get to do what I love most (of course, without finishing my math homework first!)      



I am SUPER proud of these chocolate fudge muffins today. Although they technically could qualify as cupcakes, I don't really care what they're called as long as they taste good. And boy, do they. 



The best part about these cupcakes is that there's NO butter/oil/shortening involved whatsoever, a super sensible amount of sugar, and no artificial anything. Basically, they're perfect. And I do not say this lightly. Chocolate is something that I'm quite familiar with and I am just around it 24/7. Louise, if you're reading, you'll know ;) 


If I were ever asked to write a love letter to chocolate, I would. Call me crazy, but I just love chocolate that much. Hashtag don't judge. 

The color you see in the pictures are EXACTLY the color they are. I'm not even kidding. I ate one right out of the oven and it was so warm and delicious. Told you I loved chocolate.



There is MUCH more chocolate in this than you think, and there's MUCH less calories than you think. It's basically almost a triple-chocolate recipe, because there's chocolate chips in the batter, cocoa powder also in the batter, and more chocolate chips sprinkled on top. You're welcome. 


This recipe was also super duper easy. All you have to do is combine the dry ingredients, then add the wet ingredients. Give it a stir, and you have it! 

The original recipe was also a bit different from the one I'm posting. I tweaked it a little to make it a little easier to find all your ingredients and I also dropped one or two ingredients that I felt were totally unnecessary. I also added a tad more chocolate (: 



My batter came out a touch dry the first time I made this, so I added a teaspoon of milk to thin it out a bit. The batter you get WILL be very thick, but it shouldn't be so thick to the point where there are still dry ingredients showing in your batter. If you need to add extra milk, be sure to add it in parts so that you don't make your batter too wet.


One last piece of advice: don't overmix! I want density in my muffins, and I'm sure most people will want that too! 

The recipe is at the bottom of this post. Give it a shot, because I'm sure you'll love it!



Happy baking!

post signature
Skinny Chocolate Fudge Muffins
These muffins are very easy to make and it comes together in one bowl. There is no butter, shortening, or eggs in this recipe!
Makes 10 muffins
Ingredients:
-3/4 cup all-purpose flour
-1/3 cup cocoa powder
-2 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp baking soda
-1/2 cup sugar (more or less, to taste)
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, plus an extra handful for sprinkling
-1 cup unsweetened applesauce
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1-2 tsp milk, if needed
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit, 190 degrees Celsius. Line a standard 12-hole muffin tin with paper liners, Set aside.
2. Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl (flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, salt, and chocolate chips.)
3. Add all the wet ingredients (applesauce and vanilla). Stir just until the batter comes together. DO NOT OVERMIX. If batter is too dry, add milk, 1/2 tsp at a time, until the all the ingredients are combined.
4. Spoon batter into the tin, filling each hole just 3/4 full. Just before baking, press a couple of chocolate chips onto the tops of the muffin batter.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy warm or let cool. 
Recipe adapted from theyummy.blogspot.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment