Thursday, August 1, 2013

Jasmine Tea Cupcakes


Boy am I proud of what I'm bringing to the table today! Honestly, these jasmine tea cupcakes are probably, if not most likely the prettiest cupcakes I've ever made. I'm by no means a great froster/cake decorator, but these turned out way better than I thought they would!


I never thought I'd pull myself to make tea cupcakes. First of all, I'm not a big tea drinker. I enjoy myself some iced tea, but not straight up "tea" tea. And....after reading through the recipe which told me that I had to steep the tea bags twice, I really didn't know if I should do it. I do have a lot of extra time, but.....no one really wants to waste 60 minutes for a tea bag.


However, after some consideration, I checked our cupboards and found 25 jasmine tea bags. I knew it had to be a sign from heaven telling me to make these. I must say, that sign must've come from an angel or God Himself, because my goodness was it a great one!


These cupcakes were dressed in a simple jasmine tea buttercream. While it definitely is heavenly to look at, I have to admit that I was a little disappointed in the cream because there was definitely a lack of that bold jasmine tea flavor no matter how many times I squeeze the steeped teabag into the mixing bowl. Otherwise, it definitely made the cupcakes look stunning!


For the piping itself. I used a Wilton 1M tip and made little swirls. I've always had horrible piping skills, so this was definitely a successful experiment! I was a little afraid to try it at first because it never really worked out for me, but I guess I got lucky this time!


There is no recipe this time because it was from a cookbook and I think it still needs some tweaking, but when I get it ready I'll let you guys know!

Happy baking!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment