Friday, July 26, 2013

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies


Divine.

I think I have mentioned in a previous post that I absolutely HATE eating the stuff that I make. These cookies though.....seriously, if I don't eat 10 of them, I think that's what's gonna be peculiar.

I've always been a sucker for peanut butter, chocolate, and oatmeal, so if you put all of that stuff into one cookie it's basically heaven on earth for me.

The recipe came from, once again, one of my favorite bloggers, Sally from Sally's Baking Addiction. However, because I couldn't find peanut butter cups ANYWHERE (this is the real Hong Kong, you guys), I had to settle for chocolate chips instead. And let me tell you, the results were DIVINE.

*For your viewing pleasure, I have removed the "uglier" cookies from the batch and only took photos of the "prettier" ones.

I can sit all day and eat these cookies while I blog about them. Seriously, these are the epitome of a peanut buttery, SUPER chewy, and dense cookie.

However, I guess cookies really don't like me, because, like the last batch of funfetti cookies I made, I had to trash the first few because they simply wouldn't bake. I just didn't have enough patience to keep adjusting and baking so the foolish little girl in me trashed the first few. My cookie dough was SO dense the cookies wouldn't even spread the least bit in the oven. And I'm not even kidding you. I waited for 12 minutes, staring at the oven from time to time and NEVER did they EVER turn out flat. So from the first batch, I learned my lesson and flattened out the dough for the next couple of batches so that they'd be slightly thinner. 

So thick.

This shoot was actually really difficult for me. I had to move the cookies around/sprinkle oatmeal with one hand while taking photos with the other. And mind you, the chocolate from the cookies often found a "home" in my fingers and I had a super hard time trying not to get the chocolate on the camera!

I would've liked a tad bit more peanut butter in my cookies, but I can't blame the recipe writer because she put peanut butter cups in hers and I didn't! The first few cookies that I baked were just plain PB Oatmeal cookies, but after I tasted them I thought they were a bit bland so I threw in "some" chocolate chips. I guess I did get a little too carried away with the chocolate chips, because I definitely tasted more chocolate than I would've liked (or needed)! The PB really got through in the aftertaste (as well as the oats) so next time, I'm definitely throwing in less choc chips and scooping in more peanut butter!


If you've never had a chewy peanut butter and chocolate oatmeal cookie, these are a must try. I cannot persuade you more. These are HEAVENLY.


As much as I'd like to take credit for this miraculous creation, I have to (once again) give credit to Sally. Seriously, that lady is a genius. I don't know another baker who could create such home baker-friendly recipes that taste so "professional"! Gotta love her.


I beg you to PLEASE try these cookies out. You can find the recipe here. The original recipe calls for Reese's peanut butter cups, so if you can find them, I'd say definitely go ahead and use them!

Happy baking!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment