Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Baked Cheesecake--Part 1

Do NOT ask me why I didn't use Philadelphia cream cheese...


Ah, so many of you have been waiting for this blog post after my super wordy and boring posts. And by "so many of you", I mean like nobody.

My cheesecake's just in the oven, and I figured I'd get a head start by writing the first part of the blog post first, since "so many of you" are waiting for it. 
You obviously can't see my face right now, but I actually am nervous and anxious about this cheesecake. I haven't had that same kind of nervousness over a baked good in SO long. There's just so much pressure on me to make sure this cheesecake is perfectly perfect.
I can't remember the last time I baked a cheesecake, and I had to admit I was kind of scared when my little brother told me he wanted a cheesecake for his birthday. I wasn't prepared for such a.....challenge. But I figured I'd do it anyway, since I'd practically do anything just to make that kid happy (: Whatever floats your boat, kid.
And well, I like that his birthday falls on a Wednesday. Then I get Monday to prepare the stuff, Tuesday to actually bake it, and then let the cheesecake chill overnight. 
I must say, though, I wasn't prepared for such an arm workout. Especially when it's summer and I'm eating 24/7.

The materials were actually so simple and easy to find. Most of them I already had at home. And if you're not in North America like me, Digestive biscuits are MUCH easier to find than graham crackers. For those of you in Hong Kong who are reading, any ideas where I could find some?


The "arm workout" part definitely came from the pounding of the biscuits. Wow, that took long. Poo.



I have to say, I haven't done the whole "rubbing in the butter" thing for SO long! I used to make pie crusts like that, but it just took so long and so much patience, which I don't have! I'm glad I did it for this recipe though!

 All baked and set!




And in the cream cheese goes! 



Then the eggs..............


And voila! All ready to go! 


Honestly, I'm freaking out right now. I really hope this cheesecake turns out well, fingers crossed!

Stay tuned for part 2--the final product!


 Happy baking!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment