Tuesday, July 9, 2013

How It All Began


Nope, no cheesecake yet. Sorry to those of you who are disappointed.
The cheesecake will come later tomorrow. 
It's just that I feel like I really need to sit down and write a decent blog post about how this blog got all started and stuff.
Well, a couple of years ago my aunt got into blogging. She doesn't blog anymore now, but at that time I just thought it was cool and I decided to get a blog too. 
I opened up a blog called "Rachel's Blog" at first. Judging from the fact that the last time I posted was in 2011, it didn't go very well. All I wrote about was my daily life (which nobody cared about), and a bunch of other stuff jumbled into a big fat mess.
Lame, I know. 

Then, I got into baking, and I made another blog called "Cake Time."
You could just tell I had no heart for it by the fact that it looks so shabby.

At first I blogged very often. It wasn't like big or anything, but I tried.

Then, 2 years went by in the blink of an eye.

Life just got so overwhelming and I just had no time to blog anymore, so I abandoned both of those horrible blogs. They weren't a good idea anyway.

But how did I get from this 
to this


to this? 


At the beginning of this year, I fell in love with several baking blogs. After a little bit of deliberate consideration, I decided to make my own.

The reason why I finally committed to making my own baking blog was because I finally committed to doing the thing I love: baking.

I'm a naturally indecisive person, and I could go on all day about that. All of the hobbies that I developed in my childhood years are now long forgotten, but baking was something different. Baking lasted much longer than I thought it would.

It seems as though I have a bigger heart for what I'm doing. It's just what I love.

Therefore, the crazy little girl in me decided to open up a blog, and well, we'll see how this goes. I definitely hope that this blog would get famous one day, and I definitely want to keep blogging for as long as I bake. Besides gaining a newfound passion for baking, art classes and Internet blogging how-tos for dummies also helped a lot. But that's not really the whole point. Everything just came from the heart.

And you know I'm hardcore passionate when I'm still blogging at 12 AM. Oh, and did I mention, my previous blog post was published at 1:39 AM? This shouldn't be a habit, but at the same time I kind of want it to be ;) Not too bad, eh? 

Sorry for that long and wordy post you guys, but I don't think anybody's going to read it anyway. For those of you who do, hang in there, the cheesecake's coming!

Happy baking!
 post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment