Sunday, May 26, 2013

Chocolate Sprinkles Cupcakes







Now, I think I did mention in my lemon cupcakes post that I am OBSESSED with sprinkles. These little chocolate cupcakes that I made are yet another example of my sprinkles obsession. These cupcakes were SO cute, and they were a HUGE hit! I actually found a recipe and had to TRIPLE because my friend asked for 27 cupcakes, so I knew I had to deliver!! They were so, so easy to make, and it does help that the quantities can be easily tripled with simple math :)

 Definitely could've brushed up on the decorations, but hey, I had to make 36, what do you expect? :)

 Don't you just want to dig in for one???


I searched up a frosting recipe especially for these cupcakes, and that frosting recipe has now become a favorite. Since I made these cupcakes last month, I've already used the buttercream recipe thrice! That one's definitely a keeper! I'm not revealing the KILLER vanilla buttercream recipe just yet, but I will share the cupcakes recipe with you guys!

Chocolate Cupcakes

Active time: approx. 20 mins
Makes: 12 cupcakes

Ingredients:
-4 tbsp unsalted butter (no need to soften)
-1/4 cup vegetable oil
-1/2 cup water
-1 cup all-purpose flour
-1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
-3/4 tsp baking soda
-a pinch of salt
-1 egg
-1/4 cup milk
-1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with liners.
2. In a saucepan, melt the butter with the vegetable oil and water over low heat.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer (or just a large bowl if you don't have a stand mixer), sift the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Add the butter-oil-water mixture, and mix on low speed until smooth. 
4. Add the egg, and beat until mixed up nicely. Then, add the milk and vanilla and beat until smooth, stopping the mixer halfway to scrape the sides and bottom. 
5. Fill the cases about 3/4 full with batter.
6. Bake in the center of the oven for about 25 minutes, until they spring back when touched and a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool slightly, then transfer to a rack to cool completely. Frost and decorate. 

Happy baking!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment