Sunday, May 26, 2013

Surrendering to the Enemy: Cake Mix Cookies



Now, now, now...I've always hated cake mix. I loved that it is easy and convenient, but I simply hated the taste. However, I do have to admit, I gave in :) And I'm more than happy that I gave in.



So Wednesday was a HUGE storm day for Hong Kong, and school obviously got cancelled. I was studying for my World War Two history test, but I got a little bored and wanted to bake. However....I didn't have much ingredients on hand, and I really shouldn't leave the house since there was a HUGE storm outside. So I looked up some easy recipes, and I came across a cake mix cookies recipe. I decided to give it a try since I had some cake mix at home and probably wouldn't use it to make a cake anyways....and guess what? The cookies turned out to be SO good, and they were really nice considering that I whipped up the batter in, what, 2 and a half minutes?

I swear I made at least 30 cookies....the ones in the pic up there's only half of what I made. I did have to adjust the recipe a bit since the amount of cake mix I used was slightly less than the ones called for in the recipe, and I pulled out a couple of extra ingredients, but otherwise, everything came out great, and I got rave reviews from friends when I was passing them out in the hallway. They were gone in a minute! Check out the recipe here! The recipe does call for chocolate chips and nuts, but meh, whatever, they came out amazing without, so I'd say just leave them out and use the chips and nuts for recipes made from scratch instead.

Happy baking!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment