Sunday, May 26, 2013

Savoury Mushroom Tarts


While I LOVE making sweet treats, sometimes I do like to look for a change in savoury treats. And although I have to admit I enjoy eating sweet treats more, savoury treats are just as fun to make!
These mushroom tarts were DELICIOUS, and they were surprisingly simple! I also didn't follow a recipe for this. Everything was a product of an experiment, which I might add, a VERY successful experiment!

The tarts were just made from store bought short-crust pastry. Hey, sometimes bakers get tired of following recipes too, so a small shortcut won't hurt :) I simply rolled the pastry out and lined the small tart cases with them, then blind-baked the tarts.

For the mushroom filling, all I did was chop up some button mushrooms and gave them a quick stir in a pan with some oil, garlic, salt, and a bit of pepper I think. Then at the last minute I decided to chop up some ham and put it in too, since I'm naturally a carnivore :) Once the tarts were out of the oven, I spooned the filling into the tarts, and gave them a quick sprinkle of parmesan. I was going to pop them into the oven again, but I got SO hungry I decided just to eat them like that. And boy, were they good! These little tarts were by far THE BEST savoury treats I've made, and I can't wait to make them again this summer!


Happy baking!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment